To create the great recipes that we serve at our Barnstaple restaurant we need great ingredients. That’s why we are incredibly lucky to be located in Devon and able to source so many fantastic fresh ingredients right on our doorstep.
At 62 The Bank our chefs love to use the freshest local produce and seafood wherever possible. We have developed great working relationships with many local farmers and fishermen and we work together to ensure that we are always improving the quality of the food we offer.
It’s good to be able to support our local agriculture by using local supplies of meat, fish, vegetables, cheese, milk and cream. This also helps us to ensure that our food is as fresh and wholesome as it can possibly be – and it cuts down on food miles as well.
Below are just a few examples of the many outstanding local suppliers that we are delighted to be working with:
- Our succulent fresh beef is supplied by Phillip Dennis Butchery in Barnstaple, a family-run business that was established over 100 years ago and sources beef from prime local herds in Devon and Cornwall.
- Our doorstop farmhouse bread is freshly baked and hand delivered daily by the award winning East & West Bakery just a few streets away in butchers row.
- We source exceptional fruit and vegetables from John Patts of Gunn in Devon. They work with farmers and growers across the South West to provide the very best in local produce, including field-fresh potatoes grown just a few miles away in Bideford.
- Our sumptuous locally-made ice creams are provided by Lovingtons from their village dairy near Castle Cary, Somerset. All of Lovingtons ice creams are handcrafted and made with fresh double cream and the finest natural ingredients.
- Our cheeses and various delicatessen items are supplied by Hawkridge Farm a family run farm in Crediton, Devon.
So at 62 The Bank, the liveliest restaurant in Barnstaple, you can enjoy the very best local ingredients, prepared with passion and flair to create outstanding recipes that are bursting with flavour.